Thursday, February 02, 2006

What’s in a name!!!

My daughter is 20 months old and at the cost of sounding clichéd, let me tell you all that she is the apple of our eyes. She is naughty, hyperactive, very inquisitive and above all a great actress!!! She grasps everything very fast……… I have to deliberate a hundred zillion times before I utter a ‘bad’ word in front of her lest she picks it up and uses it back at me!!! She is everything that I want a child to be!!!

Her latest fascination is names of people whom she knows. What is periamma’s name, navya? and she promptly replies “Apparnaaaaaaaa”; What is appa’s name? and pat comes the reply “Aanand”. She goes on to loudly pronounce all names but one………………… To date she has never been able to (or she doesn’t want to only she knows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) say my name! A name that was associated with her much before she was born; a name she carries along with her name now and a name her mother yearns to listen!!

Strange are the ways of life…………………….

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet..Probably, she has a million "pet" names for her mommy and is wondering when to let them out..

Anonymous said...

Yes I think she's just teasing you knowing fully well that you are eagerly waiting to hear your name being called out :-)))

Jaunty Quicksand said...

Have you seen "Look Who's Talking"? In light of this post, if you haven't, you should!