Thursday, March 16, 2006

Holi Hai………..

This is one festival I generally don’t look forward to. Its that time of the year when all and sundry take it as the best opportunity to get ‘close’ to the so called fairer sex on the pretext of applying gulal. Several times I have seen girls appearing helpless and unable to say or do anything because they are termed as spoilt sports if they complain on this day!! Besides this, I have spent several days trying to scrub off the colour during our holi days in delhi. That’s when I decided I had had enough of this festival.

Then comes my daughter into my life! She is one helluva water baby and can be in H20 for hours at a stretch. She is a child full of masti. We did not want to deprive her of getting to see what this festival is all about and so decided to take her to the place where all the kids were playing; fully equipped with pichkaris and balloons and buckets of coloured water!!! Little did I realize that I would become the target of all the kiddos down there! Was continuously attacked from all directions; then I decided I take ‘revenge’!!!!!!!!!! There began the game of throwing balloons filled with water sans the colours and wow! for several hours I became one of them and had a blast. Oh yes! My daughter and hubby joined in all this masti and we had one big happy family holi!

No comments: