Thursday, March 16, 2006

Awakening?

I am deeply engrossed in a non-fiction book (I am an avid fiction reader) after a long time. When I had gone to the book store recently, something just attracted me to this book and immediately got this as a gift for my hubby (he is more of a non-fiction reader than I am). Didn’t read the synopsis or check anything just bought it. I have never done this before and I found this strange. When I got back home and looked at the book I realized it is from the author of one of my favourite non-fiction books – The Power of Now. This book is called the New Earth and the author is Eckhart Tolle.

I generally read a non fiction book only if it is highly recommended by someone I know. But I have started reading this book before my hubby has started and I must tell u it is shaking me slowly but painfully. Its making me realize the illusions I have about myself and people /things around me. Believe me I haven’t even read half of this book yet and I can feel the impact already; it sometimes scares me!

No comments: