Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Thank You Mom....

For sometime now I have been wanting to get into some hobby which would become a passion that I could look forward to...a passion that I can escape to.. forgetting all the stresses of day to day life...a passion that I could master...

Surprisngly, it was my mom who introduced me to Sudoku! She started doing the puzzle everyday and used to tell me " I am physically very active but I dont want my brains to degenerate at this age...so this indulgence!!!". Initially, I wasnt taking to it too much...felt it was cumbersome to be involved with numbers...plus have never been the numbers person (Astonishingly, I am a wizard when it comes to recollecting phone numbers though!!! dont ask me how!!)..... dont forget I scouted for a school that would offer me another option for Mathematics!!!!

Lately, I have been getting attracted to "The digits must occur only once" puzzle like a moth to the fire (as cliched as it may sound!). Whenever I get time to myself, I find myself sitting with all the old newspapers and solving Howard Garns puzzles..I love challenges and this new challenge keeps my brain ticking all the time...Its a passtime that is fast turning into a passion and i am enjoying it to the hilt! Prague here I come!!!

2 comments:

Chandan Chawla said...

Why dont you check out the Feb 2007 contest at http://sudoku.com/...

BF said...

so it is sudoku OVER your blog is it?