Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Mixed Bag!

I have some good news and some bad news for my readers…………..for first time readers follow this link to get to know the background of this post…..

The good news first: I have been elected to the managing committee of the society in which I reside. Yes, it does feel good, a sense of responsibility has suddenly crept in but the bad news has dampened the enthusiasm a bit…

Now the bad news: I was the only woman who stood for the election. Efforts to mobilize more women failed and I was the lone crusader there!! More bad news: more politics by the men ensured that they got one man to withdraw from the election thus making it only five members: thus making it a case of all nominated (me included in that) as elected unopposed!!!

Shucks! I was looking forward to an election process and was gearing up to meet different individuals………..

Anyway, all that is history now……the road ahead is full of challenges, obstacles and I am for sure looking forward to tread this path……

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats great.. Someone said be the change you want to see..

I am amazed what's happenning.. did u read my comment on your post titled .. Mayhem.. ????

Jaunty Quicksand said...

Good job, Aruna. At least you did contest, unlike the others who withdrew.

Now make your presence felt. I know you will.