Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Another year younger.........

Who doesn’t like a surprise??! And especially so when it is planned and presented by near and dear ones. I am a sucker for birthdays. Generally don’t miss wishing people on their birthdays and try and make it special for them in my own way. Like a kid, I get excited when my birthday is approaching and sulk (a little!!) when it comes to an end!!!

This birthday (14th of Jan …. Ah ah! Not letting u all know the year of birth though!!) of mine was special for me in more than one way. For starters I got to be with my parents on my birthday, secondly my brother was with me on this day after maybe 20 years!!!! and the icing on the cake was the surprise party that was planned by my sis!!! It was a poignant moment to meet friends of mine whom I had not met for a long time!

And NO! Surprisingly I didn’t sulk when my birthday came to an end this year!!! Am I turning a new leaf??!!!

2 comments:

Jaunty Quicksand said...

I recently forgot to wish a friend on her birthday. But then we are diametrically opposite on the topic of birthdays - I am not good at remembering them, and don't really fret if mine passes by unnoticed. I guess that is why the world goes around - people of different views populate this place and somehow make it turn...

As Ricky Henderson so famously said, "Age is question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter".

Aruna said...

YES, this friend of mine forgot my birthday and i was upset, damn upset. But the strange thing is that i cant be upset with him for too long!! coz he is dear to me and I like him the way he is!!