Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Culinary Novice.....

Cooking and me have always been far apart....during my late teens and early twenties when most girls were busy coaxed by their mothers to learn some basic cooking, my mom used to never let me enter the kitchen! She used to say when the time comes u will learn to make a meal so don’t waste your time now!!! At that time I found what mom said to be very weird because she was so unlike the rest of the pack!! Later, as I grew older and wiser (!!), I realised my mom was way ahead of her times! She wanted me to learn other important skills in life and she was egging me on to take on bigger challenges in life!

Today when I look back I am so glad I am not one of those kitchen bound women (no offence please!) who find it difficult to let go and get insecure if that space of theirs is taken by another woman!

Now, as a desperate attempt to get some distraction in life, I have taken to cooking like never before....I was never one of those who liked to cook a regular meal...this time I have taken to making desserts and puddings! I find myself looking up sites for interesting recipes, talking to friends who have tried some simple mouth watering recipes. The enthusiasm has gone up several notches as the first two attempts have received good reviews and I have been nudged to try more!!

I am finding my energies channelized in a yummy way and I am finding this very therapeutic!

For those interested in getting simple dessert recipes, mail me!!!

3 comments:

purple pitara said...

next avani meeting in bombay at your place - what say? :)

(i have till date never made a dessert - so send me the simplest recipe u got and me shall give it a shot!)

Aruna said...

would love to host avani bombay meet at my place...what fun!!!

sure will send one sooooooooooon!

Krithika said...

Arunuuu...you cooking ? My mom did the same to me. Never made me learn cooking. While aparna was a pro with cooking, I never was motivated.I can relate to your blog. Send me some recipies.