Friday, January 18, 2008

Began with a bang...

Welcomed the New Year rather quietly this time.......it was a welcome change as generally we tend to party and bring in the New Year it more a spiritual experience this time!

The best part of the new beginning was (apart from the resolutions, which I will those later) that we watched Taare Zameen Par on the first day of this year! What a movie! Loved every bit of it! A must watch for all parents and teachers…it takes guts to make such a debut movie…only a sensitive and a socially responsible person could make a movie like this….the child artist is a great find! Those who haven’t seen the movie as yet….please go right away….and what hit me the most when I saw the movie….the example of Solomon islands …those who have seen the movie will know what I am referring to! After a long time I cried buckets and buckets in a movie!

Aamir Khan I salute thee!

This week I happened to watch another lovely movie….a tamil one after a really long time. ‘Mozhi’.....simple story line, lovely screenplay and dialogues, brilliant songs and music. Loved the positive angle of dealing with a physically challenged person in this movie. I am glad I waited this long to watch a nice tamil movie…

The year has begun well and I hope I continue to see more such movies….

Happy new year all of you!

2 comments:

Chandan Chawla said...

Welcome back... Happy new Year & Happy Birthday...
TZP is indeed good neat work ...Everyone I have spoken to has appreciated the movie! Hope to see more sensible work from the Ace Khan!!

BF said...

concur entirely on Taare Zameen Par - very nice to see this cerebral actor make the transition to being behind the camera so easily.

We can delight in Aamir Khan movies for a long time to come now, long after his boyish good looks have given way to the rigors of time.

Happy New Year, Aruna, and take care.

- Buck